What Changes are Likely with Medicaid?Published On: Tuesday, July 18, 2017
There is an ongoing attempt to repeal Obamacare (the Affordable Care Act) which is expected to have a major impact on Medicaid. Medicaid touches us at many points in our lives.
NPR recently published a list of some lesser known facts about Medicaid in "From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives of Millions," including:
- It is very expensive. Medicaid currently takes up approximately 10% of the federal budget. State governments contribute even more on top of that to the costs of the program.
- Half of all births in the U.S. are covered by Medicaid. The program has been expanded many times to include more and more pregnant women.
- Some 62% of nursing home residents receive their care through Medicaid.
- Disabled people (and the people who take care of them) are often eligible to receive their care through Medicaid.
- Medicaid is a major source of funding for the fight against opioid addiction.
Call (443) 470-3599 today and schedule a consultation with Maryland Attorney Britt L. Stouffer to learn more about Estate or Elder Law and how she can help you.
Reference: NPR (June 27, 2017) "From Birth To Death, Medicaid Affects The Lives of Millions."
To learn more or get started on your estate plan, just schedule a time to visit us for a no obligation complimentary consultation.Schedule Free Consultation